Thursday, February 19, 2009

JUIT...Our Journey Amidst A Thousand Memoirs...!




"A small effort to gather memories and to thank you for the wonderful visit you hosted for us."

                                                          

The same land, called me with a loving smile,

It seemed so new, every brick and every tile.

 

Didn’t have those pals, I always knew were mine,

I still believed the sleepless journey would be fine.

 

There were my friends, who still seemed new,

It’s only because days spent with them are few.

 

A memorable past was what I always thought,

Would stay with me, for these days I got.

 

Not realizing that this very old land,

Called us again with a welcoming hand.

 

How every minute unleashed to me,

That beautifully loving, these people would be.

 

I came across many smiling faces,

Not to mention those awkward gazes.

 

For I used to be, one among the hundred lot,

Who cribbed and cried and weirdly fought.

 

With conviction JUIT seemed, the “PRISONER’s LAND”,

But it’s only the reason, that’s made me stand.

 

An alma mater precious than the oldest coin,

You will realize the value, once you join.

 

Reasons are many, once I start to figure,

My personality it’s groomed and vouches to trigger.

 

A word of gratitude, to our fatherly hosts,

JUIT is now our family, and that’s a toast!!!



7 comments:

  1. Vinni,

    Its amazing how you can write so well.. Its really good to see my little baby grow,feel and express all these emotions by writing her mind.

    I am definately impressed..
    keep smiling my lil baby !
    Muah

    Shruti

    PS: meri bday bhi aa rahi hai ...uske liye kuch likh na..pleassee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUIT is no more a prisoner's land..
    Once v were there, it seemed as if v wanted to spend some more time there..
    One day of visit was too less, but still it brought all d amazing memories and old friends together...
    Talking to our teachers in the friendly manner was one think i never expected.. Its nice to c that they still remember us and it is possible only in JUIT..
    Now there is a reason all of us want to go for the convo...
    Thank u JUIT for d amazing day v had together..

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome yaa.... we too loved being there once again.... it was truely wonderful experience... and u described it in best way i can imagin...

    cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya girl..i've kinda seen u grow as an awesome human being who can express herself in d most exquisite words and lets the reader actually be a part of wat u've written..u've got a gift, which i pray to god is wid u forever. wat u mentioned abt JUIT is probably more dan could be expressed by mere words. ur poem contains the emotions which each of us went thru. thnx for capturing those emotions into such lovely words..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oieee..thr u go on d track again.. some awesome amalgamation of words one cud hv eva thot of..!!

    Really man..m impressed..hat's off karne ka mann ho raha hai..
    :)

    U jus keep on growng with eve passing day..gud luck 4 evethng ahead..
    God Bless..Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vinni d pooh,

    I usually never wrote any comments 4 ne 1 bt u insisted me so much toh socha chalo kuch likh deta huun :D...jst kiddin. Its amazing how u decribed all emotions so beautifully in wrds as i’m nt a part of ur coll stll i can relate it 2 mah coll.........i wish u never stop writing as i said u before u r awesome in dat n dats nt a compliment 4 u nemore...so keep writing more n more wid ur lovely
    smile on ur face :) .....tc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...I liked very much.I Expect that oneDay U wll Rock the Lit. Wrld....Good Wishes.

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Underkurrents