Friday, February 5, 2010

STRANDED in the MIRAGE of FORBIDDANCE

Lonely I thought I stood, braving the pain. Little did there seem a way to let go. Overpowered by my naïve assumption that life had gone of my hands now. I failed to see the twinkling stars; I inhibited to bow to the morning sun. The moon at night no longer seemed promising for a brighter tomorrow.


There was air for all to breathe but, left me strangulated. The sun shone bright promising hope but, left me prejudiced to even open my eyes. I stood with a bleeding heart full of pain, standing alone feeling uncared, unseen. Deserted by the inferiority and my own forbiddance to face life.


This bend in the road was not the end but it was time for me to take a turn. One “U” turn that meant to face obstacles head on and not deter. To realize that my existence mattered and confidence was to be self inculcated first.


The echoing voices of those who mattered, who cared and were concerned remained deep seated. Life did give testing times but it was never too late to realize mistakes and look for solutions; Solutions that sit back in the back of our mind untendered to be implemented for good.


A thousand motivating voices stayed unheard. Unopened doors remained sealed not because of the disenchantment life held. It was the cobwebs of confusion in my mind and the complacency to bear the pain that exacerbated it. I was no longer living life but merely passing days believing there was soon to be the last.


The tears dried away and my throat ached, yet somewhere my heart said I was not born to give up. I wanted to face the fight.


But, today I feel that nothing more has helped than self belief. It’s aptly said that when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. The same stars that twinkle every night motivate me. The sun shines and promises hope. The sun rays cease all negative thoughts and disarrays pre conceived notions. The moon light makes me dream following them to be realized by the rising sun. The rain amalgamates the tears once shed.


The killing silence of yesterday today gives time to retrospect and learn from mistakes.


The voices of my well wishers don’t diffuse but re remind me that I am born to realize dreams and fulfill expectations.

Handcuffed amidst the clouds of darkness…I realize it was me who overshadowed the light.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vinni, very well very beautifully written article, Especially that being a poet you have written this article in a completely new genre!! Its not just a article but a poem, a beautiful description of life and have added music to it!! Its an art to describe the events in such a rhythmic manner!! Perfect blend of pain and self belief and the confidence with which you faced it all!! Hats off to you!! Simply a post full of confidence, motivation and the power to rise back from ground is the essence of this master piece.. But i Strongly feel that you should add those few lines composed after this article, they are not kiddish but seriously very motivating lines.. you might now realize it but let your readers decide how good those lines are!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © Underkurrents