Thursday, March 20, 2008

FOR NANDINI DIDI


To you, on your birthday!

God created sisters,

And he thought of you and me,

Not only, as I coveted,

Much more you’ve seemed to be,

Even before this child was planned,

I wonder did he see,

Not one, but two he wanted it,

To make it beautifully three.


These little eyes had barely known,

The treasure that was you,

From learning how to walk or talk,

And someone to look up too,

The six years then, to twenty now,

You’ve still been the same,

This bond that we have always shared,

Is more than just its name.



To me you’ve been,

A thought away, yet forever along,

The distance keeps you far apart,

But the heart is where you belong,

The pace at which I was meant to grow,

Wish it could be somewhat fast,

To have more time to spend with you,

And memories that would last.


The pride to call you our precious gem,

Is what I mean to say,

The gifted star to the family,

In every possible way,

You’ve got to live a hundred years,

Now that god has made you mine,

It’s what I say with every word,

Or call it every line.

1 comment:

 

Copyright © Underkurrents